Studio Musings

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Guest Post on The Book Designer

Joel Friedlander at The Book Designer, whom I met at Pitch 2.0 back in December, asked me to write about my experiences self-publishing a craft book through Createspace.  

He wanted to know why I decided to do it myself, the kinds of obstacles I encountered, and what role the book plays in my overall marketing of myself as an artist and artisan.  The first question I'd touched on before, but the last made me really think about both what I'd hoped to achieve when I wrote embarked upon the project and how that has changed in the year since its publication.

Thank you Joel for the opportunity, and for making me think through these questions.  Working on the answers helped me to focus on what I hope to achieve in 2012 as well. 

The post went live yesterday!  If you're interested, click here to check it out! 

Earrings from Freeform Peyote Beading - not part of this month's challenge

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    That article was so interesting! I wasn't aware that you'd self-published, and I think it's awesome that you did. It takes a lot of work to produce a book by yourself.

    Good for you, believing in your project and knowing it was a good idea even when publishers weren't responsive. :)

    ReplyDelete