Studio Musings

Friday, March 15, 2013

Manic Monday Seven Days a Week

I'm behind the times again.  Seems like I'm in a constant rush to catch up, rushing through my days with the Bangle's Manic Monday as my soundtrack.  At the beginning of the month, my studio mate announced that she was breaking her half of the lease and moving her studio back home.  Which launched a frantic search on my part to find someone to take over the lease and find a new space I could afford on my own.  I found both, thank goodness.  But now I'm in the process of preparing to move.  I hate moving!

I've been in this space since 2008 and have accumulated way too many wonderful possibilities.  Too many to fit into my new, smaller space.  Seems like all I've been doing this month is sorting.  Some of it has truly been fun and I've rediscovered any number of forgotten treasures. 

But it's taking so long.  And I'm supposed to have it done by this afternoon because tomorrow Leah and I are hosting a Destash Sale, so others can add to their cache of possibilities while helping us pare what we have to move.  To top it off, my day job ramped into overdrive earlier this week as well.   

Every once in a while I think Leah has it easy - she's getting rid of most everything.  Acyrlics, lots of papers, watercolors, pastels, crayons, a flat file, stamping blocks and inks, even finished art work.  But no, I'm not ready or willing to divest myself of so many possiblities, so many dreams all in one fell swoop.  So I'll keep on sorting. 

3 comments:

  1. Just remember you and Leah inherent all my supplies! ( God love you.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I might need it! Is my refrain to myself all the time. I'm glad it all worked out, but boy that must have been quite the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you both, Karen -- change (especially unexpected ones) can sometimes take the wind out of our sails, but in the end they usually push us in new and exciting directions. I hope once the dust settles you find this to be true!!

    ReplyDelete