Studio Musings

Friday, May 31, 2013

Calls for Entry: Fancy Fish Blog Hop and Design Team


One of the things I love about teaching workshops is getting to see what people come up with using my kits and patterns.  Selling my tutorials on Etsy I lose that close connection.  Sometimes I get extra lucky and I'll find a picture of a newly finished piece waiting for me in my email inbox.  Those are the BEST days.  Mostly, it's more like a black hole.  I'm left wondering whether they liked the tutorial, what they did with it, what cool new innovations they came up with.  So I've decided to do something about it!

I'm hosting a Fancy Fish Blog Hop on July 13th.   
Fish are Friends, Fancy Fish Blog Hop July 13th, 2013

To signup, leave a comment on this post. Make sure that to include a way for me to contact you (either through your blogger profile or by adding your email address to the comment). 

If you don't have a blog you can still participate in the hop - you'll just need to send images to me a little early and I'll put together a special page for you.

 
Fish Friends Design Team – Call for Entry
To get the ball rolling, I'm searching for a core Design Team (5-7 members) to help out, both with this hop and with testing out some potential color ways for additional kits. Design team members need to have an active blog.  They should also be comfortable with bead weaving and willing to work with right angle weave and be able to commit to the Blog Hop. 

All Design Team members will receive copies of my tutorial.   Several team members will also receive an experimental color way bead kit.  The experimental bead kits are designed to help me test out potential color ways.  If you receive one of these,  I'll ask that you use only the beads included in the kit to design your fish.  Everyone's welcome to apply to the Design Team - to keep shipping costs reasonable I'll be limiting experimental kits to US addresses.  

If you've already purchased a copy of my tutorial and would like to participate, let me know and I'd be happy to add you to the team! 

If you're interested in joining the Design Team leave a comment below including the URL for your blog.  Also let me know whether you'd prefer to work with an experimental color kit or use your own beads.  

Design Team - the Fine Print
If you receive an Experimental Color Way beading kit from me, you agree to mail your finished fish back to me after you have photographed it/them for the hop, but no later than Monday, July 22.  I will then photograph them so that I have standardized images of the various color ways.  I will then return your finished fish to you by US post with insurance and tracking.  You grant me a free license to use images of your fish on my blog, website, Etsy or other places with full attribution to you for the stitching and any design variations you might come up with.  Should your fish appear in traditional print media, you will receive a free copy of that media. 
Participants who receive a free copy of the PDF are asked to share at least two photographs of your finished fish or fish projects that I may use on my blog, website, Etsy or other places with full attribution to you for the stitching, including attributions for any variations you may come up with.


All Design Team and Blog Hop participants are encouraged to use their fish in fun and fanciful ways!

Timeline

  Signups now through June 7th
  Blog Hop July 13


I've been thinking about this for over several weeks now and I -think- I have it all sorted, but if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know!  :-)

13 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! This sounds like fun! I'd like to apply to the Design Team and use my own beads. My blog is threeredbeads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    I would love to help out with the Design Team. I will admit to being a bit of a slacker in the blog department. It gets updated for a while, then life gets busy and it sits. But I am an excellent beader. I would be happy to bead your fabulous fish. If you have enough volunteers already, just sign me up for the blog hop.
    www.franciebroadie.com
    --Francie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that I would be happy to test your beads or use my own. I am flexible.
      -Francie

      Delete
  3. I have been eying your fish pattern for a while now, so count me in for the hop. I would also love to be part of your design team. My blog is pixiloo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, yes, please!!! I can't eat fish,but I'd sure love to stitch a few of those cuties up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in on the blog hop, but not on the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, I'd love to experiment with colors for your fish :) I saw Christine working fish tails this weekend .... it looks fun!
    cynthia.machata@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes please!I'd love to be a part of your design team. And I'd like to use the experimental color kit. I love trying new color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be part of your Design Team, but have no blog! I love your work and can't wait to see all of the fish ya'll make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, I would also like to volunteer for the design team, although looks like space is already filling up fast! I also want to participate in the blog hop, I had a blast with the Choose Your Own Challenge blog hop. My blog is innermusejewelry.blogspot.com. My email is nolfan1@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to join the blog hop too...I have the pattern and will try to make a fish...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not have a blog, but would love to buy a kit and participate. I am rather new to beading, but not to color. I am finishing my second freeform peyote bracelet now and LOVE beading.
    nancysopp@gmail.com
    www.alaskannancy.etsy.com (yarn)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in on the blog hop, I'm happy to join it! Thank you. My email is :
    emanuelamimo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete